[mythtv-users] Transcoded recording and mythburn

wretch the.wretch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 11:05:05 UTC 2006

 Hi Ross,

I think i want to convert the original recording back to mpeg2 and
use mythburn to create a dvd (image). Is this at all posible or do
i need to export to a copy ?

I've tried nuvexport but this is (very) slow...is this normal or is there
something
wrong with my system ?

 I will also have a look at the other tools you suggested.

Is  btw there a way to edit a recording (manually cutting commerials)
and leave the recording in mpeg2 ?

Cheers,
Peter

> >  The past two weeks I've tried to burn one of my (transcoded) recordings
> > dvd using mythburn.
> >  The problems started after i edited and transcoded the recording.
> >  Non transcoded recording don't give any problems when using MythBurn.
> >
> >  I think the problem is that MythBurn can't handle recording in
> NuppelVideo
> > (RTJpg) format.
>
> That is correct. MythBurn currently only works with recordings that
> are MPEG2 and exactly DVD resolution.
>
> >  Is there a way to transcode the recording back to mpeg2 ??
>
> Do you mean .. convert it back into mpeg2 and have it overwrite the
> file in mythtv so that you can use mythtvburn, or do you mean make a
> copy of the file that is a proper dvd-ready mpeg2?

You might want to try these tools: