[mythtv-users] Recording results in show broken into mulitple .nuv files

Gene Stapp genestapp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 06:13:46 UTC 2006

I'm having a weird issue. I searched through the list before emailing, but
have not found anyone experiencing the same kind of problem I am.

When recording from my PVR-500 (also did it with a v4l software card, I have
a 6200 box and firewire connected but I'm still not using it due to it being
buggy), it breaks the file into many pieces seemingly at random. Sometimes
they are 18MB sometimes 500MB or larger, etc. I think it may have something
to do with commercial flagging?
I'm not sure what exactly could be causing this so let me post some info on
my system:

Backend: Fedora Core 4, amd 1800+ with 512 ram, PVR 500, (also screwing
around with Motorola 6200 firewire but its still buggy), gigabit Ethernet

Myth: 18.1 (installed about 2 weeks ago)

Ring buffer runs on a local pata drive mounted at /video with about 25GB
allotted

Mysql is local to the backend

 Recording/recorded video goes to a win 2000 server machine that is running
a smb share of close to 600GB (over gigabit ethernet) in a raid 0
configuration with transfer speeds in the 100+MB range. Jumbo frames aren't
on with this network. This samba share is mounted on bootup to /video/mythtv

 I don't have any other slave backends or anything like that. Checked myth
backend.log file and its not showing any errors or anything like that that
would explain it. Thank you for any help in figuring out what it causing
this frustrating problem. If I can't solve the issue, I'll just start over
with a fresh install for myth 19.