[mythtv-users] What's the correct way to handle overlapping showtimes?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sat Jan 28 02:36:36 UTC 2006

I only have on tuner, and there are two shows that overl;ap slightly,
that I want to record.  The first ends 5 minutes after the beginning of
the second show (on a nother channel of course).

When I scheduled the second show, it did not want to record because the
default priority, 0 , was less than the priority assigned to the first
show (which had been auto-scheduled because I watch it all the time).
So, I increased the priority of the second show, thinking that I'd just
miss the end of the first show, but no, the first show then went red (in
Mythweb).  I assumed this meant it would not record at all.

So, I then set the second show to start early by -5 minutes (that's
negative 5) and this worked, allowing both shows to record, and missing
the first 5 minutes of the second show.

Is there a better way to handle this, and/or did I go wrong somewhere?