[mythtv-users] Sports events, LiveTV or Watch Recording?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jan 27 22:14:36 UTC 2006

Trey Boudreau wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:54:01AM -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
>> Some sports, such as baseball and football, lend themselves to using
>> the time stretch as well. With a time stretch of about 1.2 and fast
>> forwarding through all the ads and halftime, I can watch a football
>> game that takes about 3 1/2 hours live in less than 2 hours, without
>> missing anything.
>>
> I watch football games with time stretch at 1.5 and the skip forward
> time set to 25 seconds.  Why 25?  Because you can skip forward at the
> play-dead whistle and catch the next snap without watching the huddle.
> This way the entire game takes about an hour to watch.

This is (one of) the exact reasons that "Playback Groups" are added
in version 0.19. I set 24 sec for football. After a tackle, when
the camera shot changes, I press "->" to see the offense lining up
for the next play. For baseball, I use 12 sec and "->" when the
catcher catches the ball to see the pitcher wind up for the next
pitch (two clicks for a foul ball). Eight seconds for basketball
goes from a made basket to the point guard bringing the ball across
half court. Two clicks between free throws and 2 minutes jump time
skips the short commercial breaks and filler while they line up during
a timeout.

--  bjm