[mythtv-users] Manually enter freq. in database.

Martin Madsen martin at sprithuset.dk
Fri Jan 27 22:00:55 UTC 2006

Hi Myth-list,

I'm using a Hauppauge PVR 350 and MythTV running on a Ubuntu linux.

My backend starts fine but I cannot see any channels. (Only snow on the
screen)

I'm using XMLTV.

So I'm looking for a way to put the frequencies into my database manually
because the "scan channels" option in mythtv-setup doesn't work (I can't
select it.)

Anybody knows what to look after in the database and in what format I need
to plug in the frequencies? My frequencies are listed on my cable provider's
homepage in this format: http://www.tre-for.dk/default.aspx?m=2&i=220

Any input about why "scan channels" doesn't work will be appreciated too.

Sorry for my bad English.

Best Regards

Martin

  _____