[mythtv-users] hd-3000 recording issues while and watching recordings from pvr-500

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Jan 27 21:26:26 UTC 2006

>>Sounds like exactly the same problem as the one I'm having.  Just one question, does this happen
>
> to your live tv from HD-3000 and recordings while watch other recordings from HD-3000?
>
>>DS
>

> Actually I havn't even tried that scenario yet. My guess is that it would cause the same problem
> since everything else does but I can't be sure. I think I'm going to disable my parport, second
> serial port and USB and see if I can't get them on seperate IRQ's. I think James is probably right
> as to what creates this problem. But I think my problem exists when the HD3000 and the SB Live are
> on the same IRQ because it only seems to happen when sound is being used.
>
> More to come later.....
>
> -Mike
I have been having problems for months and disabling the coms, printer,
and unused stuff moved the irq's around enough to work. I can record 2
HD's and one PVR-250 while watching anything on the frontend. The
problem I was noticing was mpeg blocks and slowdown / stuttering of the
frontend. The backend had one IVTV, HD and eth0 on one irq.

- James