[mythtv-users] Proposed remote: Nintendo DS

Michael Smith myth at immir.com
Fri Jan 27 20:48:57 UTC 2006

Hi all.

Anyone thought of programming the Nintendo DS as a remote? I've
downloaded the development tools for it but thought I'd check to see if
anyone was ahead of me (and I haven't bought one yet --- luckily, since
the new slimline version will make a far niftier remote).

For those who don't know: the DS is a handheld gaming device with dual
screens, one of them a touch screen, and wireless. It has a growing
homebrew scene. Its battery life is pretty good (~20 hours use).

   <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS>

Current concept: use the new mythtv telnet interface to read data to
display on the top screen (status/listing/playback progress/program
guide etc), and have context dependent control buttons displayed on the
bottom touch screen.

Thoughts?

Michael.