[mythtv-users] Sports events, LiveTV or Watch Recording?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:17:49 UTC 2006

I rarely watch sports events of any type, so I'm a bit clueless in
this arena.  I know that they can go longer than anticipated, so I
would assume people watch LiveTV and then just pause it to give them
the ability to skip parts they don't want to watch or commercials or
whatever.  But then I started thinking and it would seem that Watch
Recording might be better, if I want to channel surf a bit during
boring parts or whatever, I can just save my position, exit Watch
Recordings, then head to LiveTV and watch something else for a bit,
then return and miss nothing...

I've got it currently setup to Record, and have it End Late by 60
minutes.  Should I remove this and just go LiveTV, or should I extend
or decrease this time?

Any thoughts?  I'm specifically talking about the Super Bowl, but
figured it might apply to any sport on TV.

Chad