[mythtv-users] convert a lvm xfs partition to jfs

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 05:35:49 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Dawning Sky <the.dawning.sky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/06, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> >

> > If you're running FC3 with an FC3 kernel, you have the jfs module. What
> you
> > may not have is the user-space utilities to create a jfs file system, so:
> >
> > <apt-get|yum|smart> install jfsutils
>

> Thanks, Jarod.  I just converted my recordings partition to jfs.  Still
> having problem playing live TV from HD-3000.  Recordings made from HD-3000
> while watching other recordings are also unplayable.
>
> I didn't have this problem before I upgraded to 2.6.12 FC3 kernel.  Before
> that, I was using 2.6.11 FC3 kernel and compiled my own dvb driver.   I
> suspect there's something wrong with the dvb driver in the 2.6.12+ kernels.
>
> > --
> > Jarod Wilson
> > jarod at wilsonet.com
>

> Xiaotian

'Problems' is quite vague.  Maybe you didn't upgrade your nvidia
drivers after the kernel upgrade, or the nvidia driver wasn't for the
kernel that you upgraded to.  Maybe the cat chewed through the cable
and you are getting intermittent problems receiving a signal ;)

What kind of 'problems' are you seeing?