[mythtv-users] Mysql complains at me

Urban Nightmare urban at inetdesign.org
Thu Jan 26 20:52:43 UTC 2006

Gavin Haslett wrote:
> Sorry about the rant here, it's just that I have felt this way for a long time. Although my MythTV box has a great WAF from my SO, I have no doubt that in the event that I were to be somehow taken "out of the picture", the Myth box would run for a few more weeks, maybe months... then it would break... then she'd buy a Tivo. She's just not technical, and doesn't care much to learn much about the guts of my Mythbox. That's a simple fact of life... if I weren't here then she'd either do without or buy a Tivo.
I must say I agree.  My office mate hears me talk about Myth and sees
the mythweb interface and he wanted one.  So he gathered all the parts I
put the thing together.  Then he brought the KnoppMyth disk and the
computer into work so I could get it working for him.  While he's a
great web designer he doesn't know squat about Linux/Myth.  Same thing
with my wife.  If it works she'll use it.  If not she does without.  And
if I'm still alive I hear about it (and yes sometimes I'm just dead).

Just my two cents.

Stephen