[mythtv-users] New to mythtv, need help

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Jan 26 20:29:53 UTC 2006

Bill Baker wrote:
> During setup, while I was following the instructions on wilsonet.com, I
> was actually able to get the TV out to work.  But ever since I switched
> the screen over to the TV, I can't get anything but a black screen.

Do you still have a monitor connected?  As I recall, Linux can only
display Xv accelerated video on one head.  Perhaps it is displaying on
the monitor screen and you don't realize it if you don't still have it
hooked up.  I believe you can fix this by either removing the monitor
configuration from your xorg.conf or swapping them so the TV-out is
primary.  I don't run dual-headed so I'm not sure exactly how to do this.

Kevin