[mythtv-users] nvidia, opengl, kernel and more

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jan 26 05:53:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 22:45 -0700, James C. Dastrup wrote:
>  FX5200, based on everything I've read
> that should be a good card. Brand new gentoo installation, myth 0.18.1, P4

5200 and Gentoo
kernel 2.6.11
XvMC Not turned On

opengl? Hmm.. I think it's should be using eselect. But to turn on or
off opengl? I'm not sure, Unless of course you're talking about the
openngl USE flag.
> nyway, sometimes the CPU is too high, or choppy video, or black-n-white OSD,
> prebuffering pauses, choppy audio, stuttering, etc.

I don't have a problem yet (fingers crossed) though my video output
isn't all that NICE. (Has some snow and some diagonal scanline like
things)

I use freevo, just downloaded KnoppMyth so will try it out.

> I guess my question is, What is the best combination for nvidia? What driver ver?
I heard there's a problem with 2.6.15 and the nvidia drivers. There's a
patch somewhere.

> What kernel? What opengl setting? Xorg.conf settings? If anyone has similar
> hardware and has it running well, please let me know your working combination.

celeron 2G, 512MB Ram, no tuner.