[mythtv-users] Debian directories for SVN releases.

Neil Spring nspring at cs.umd.edu
Thu Jan 26 02:43:19 UTC 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Luke A. Olbrish wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> writes:
>
>> Luke A. Olbrish wrote:
>>> I've started to hack up the debian/rules file from 0.18 to allow
>>> me to
>>> create SVN packages.  But then I realized that perhaps people are
>>> already maintaining debian directories to build packages from SVN
>>> somewhere.  So... is anyone doing this currently?
>>>
>>> If not, maybe we would be allowed to have a debian-mythtv and a
>>> debian-mythplugins directory added to the contrib directory under
>>> subversion.  That way, its not interfering with the dist-agnostic
>>> development.  I think it would be great if other dists could keep
>>> their special patches/build scripts in contrib too (perhaps
>>> contrib/dists?).
>>>

>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
>> Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Are_there_any_Debian_.28Sid.
>> 29_packages_for_MythTV.3F
>
> thanks for the link, but i'm using marillat already and a quick look
> at the packages file[1] for sid shows that this is tracking the 0.18.1
> release.  i've started making custom changes to 0.18 to fix issues i
> am having and to install things like mythgame, but i am thinking of a
> more general solution of being able to properly manage the latest for
> a dist and perhaps these debian directories in contrib under svn could
> be used by marillat to create experimental packages for the masses
> too.
>
> [1] ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/
> Packages

Luke,

I've been working on this, but somewhat lazily and not very
generally, simply because Steve Adeff said "try subversion".... and
he's probably right...  it might be solving my problems (though it's
creating other ones).

I tarred up my svn-building scripts and debian directories and placed
them at:

http://scriptroute.cs.umd.edu/~nspring/mythtv-svn-deb.tgz

Untar in the trunk, and run ./do_debian.sh.  All credit to Marillat.
I've only changed a few things, a subset of the patch changes in the
original deb source.  Patch not included.

I send this just in case it's helpful.  I'd be quite happy if someone
smarter than me provided this debian-capable subversion, but since
I'd expect Christian to package 0.19 soon after it's released, I'm
not sure how important building packages from current subversion will
be to me.

-neil