[mythtv-users] Help Developing MythWeb

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Wed Jan 25 20:35:40 UTC 2006

I'd love to help get MythWeb solid.  I'm a full time PHP on *Nix
developer for Yahoo!

I've never seen MythWeb, but hearing about it is one of the reasons I
chose to drop my DirecTivo.  I've been so busy trying to get my second
tuner to work that I haven't even gotten a chance to look at MythWeb.

I don't exactly understand what is so different above "streaming" vs.
downloading.  They are both streams of data.  It seems that if you start
playing it before you get the whole file, you're streaming.

But anyway, when it comes to writing and modifying (There is a
difference.  Most hacks can't make sense of code that's not in their
preferred style.) solid efficient code, I'm your guy.  Let me know what
I can do for you.  I'm eager to give back all the effort I've absorbed.

Chris Petersen wrote:
>> I would like to start contributing to MythTV in some way.
>> Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience in C ( and I don't think
>> anybody wants me to gain any by hacking up the mythtv sources ).  I am
>> primarily web, I use a lot of Java and php, which naturally means I
>> should help with MythWeb.  Where do I start?  Are there any places where
>> people post feature requests?
>>

> The two areas where I'm actively searching for help are:
>
>   * MythWeb's music section needs to be completely rewritten
>   * MythWeb's video section needs to be completely rewritten
>
> (I don't really use either of these features of MythTV, so they've been
> low on my priority list)
>
> I'm also hoping that someone will send me an updated WAP theme for SVN
> (hopefully before the .19 release).  Its usual maintainer is really busy
> and hasn't told me if he'll be able to do it or not.
>
> I'd also like to get MythStreamTV integrated into the official code now
> that MythWeb has a semi-modular design, though I'll likely let its
> current author work out those details.
>
> And of course, much of MythWeb still needs to be rewritten to use
> semantic markup with better CSS support, but I'll likely tackle that
> myself after .19 is released.
>
> -Chris

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.