[mythtv-users] I'm getting real pissed off about IVTV

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Wed Jan 25 16:46:30 UTC 2006

I own an old 8Gig drive and a legal copy of WinXP that I bought to
install on VPC on my PowerBook for test my Web Apps in IE.  Maybe I
should setup this drive as a WinXP drive.  That will take me a few weeks
to get around to though.

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Richard Bronosky wrote:
>
>> I don't own a windows box.  Is there a method of testing it in Linux
>> that I have not done?  (see my logs link in the "situation" page below.)
>>
> Not that I know of short of cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg to dump the
> output of the card to a file.  It is impossible to say without having
> other evidence of the card functioning in another system whether you are
> experiencing a hardware problem.  It is not uncommon from the messages
> I've read to have a PVR-500 with one tuner defective.  I've also seen
> reports where loading the Windows drivers/firmware on a Windows system
> resets the card to a working state.  I think this is usually indicative
> of a firmware issue but either way, testing in another OS should give
> you the confirmation of whether the card works at all.
>
> Kevin

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.