[mythtv-users] Soundblaster Live! PCI 7.1

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 25 15:39:27 UTC 2006

The sound card is not used in the capture of the sound.
What capture card do you have?  Have you tried to
play a prerecorded mpg file from the command line
with the same results?  The sound card is only for output.

Paul

>>> dbixler at wbs-wireless.com 01/25/06 10:33 AM >>>
I finally decided to ditch my Diamond Monster Sound card as I could not

resolve the issues with the audio.  I dropped in a Sound Blaster Live
PCI 7.1 card as a test.  I tried LiveTV and everything sounded great.

When I watched TV, the sound would start right up and when I exited
LiveTV, the sound would cease.  However, when I attempted to record a
show, there was absolutely no sound :(.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem?  I did notice on the ALSA page that supposedly, capture
of
sound is not supported, but I'm not even sure that MythTV is using
ALSA.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about this sound
card?

Thanks,
Dave