[mythtv-users] Questions about Upcoming 0.19

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Wed Jan 25 14:04:06 UTC 2006

I was reading the change list published for the upcoming 0.19 upgrade and a few things occurred to me;

1. For the new LiveTV improvements, will it be possible to set the expiration of LiveTV recordings to, say, 4 hours? I know expiration is currently done on a daily basis, but to be honest I can't think of a single time when I'd want to retain a LiveTV recording for mor than 4 hours or so.

2. Any thoughts on adding a checkbox to use "classic mode" LiveTV instead of the new version? I did a quick test on the SVN version about two weeks ago, and found that my disk subsystem was thrashing a lot more frequently than with 0.18. I presumed this was due to the LiveTV changes that occurred. Of course, this might just be my second Linux install on the box :)

3. Didn't get a chance to test this... but how well does XvMC work with the OSD and deinterlace? I know this is a bad combination in 0.18, but my video looks SOOO much better with kernel deint turned on, and it's a lot smoother with XvMC, so currently I just live with flickery OSD.

Anyway, just brainfarts... it's too early in the AM (and pre-coffee) for any truly coherent thought :)