[mythtv-users] Mountable IR receiver

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Tue Jan 24 22:09:52 UTC 2006

>James C. Dastrup wrote:
>> Is anyone aware of an IR receiver that is designed to be mounted
>> in an external drive bay? Either a full-size 5.25" bay or a floppy
>> bay would be fine. I may have to make my own, but I'd rather pay
>> for a more professional looking solution.
>>

>Google on Soundgraph iMon. There are various internal and external
>versions of an IR receiver/VFD combo. The IR/VFD units are the ones in
>the Silverstone line of cases and the drivers are available in lirc.

Nice stuff, thanks. Of course, it's a little pricey for a simple IR receiver,
since I don't really need the remote, much less the VFD. Might as well
buy another Silverstone case, which I already with another frontend.
Trying to make use of leftover/cheaper stuff for the kids TV.  But I'll
definitely keep this in mind.

Thanks,
James