[mythtv-users] MythTV and Asterisk?

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 24 16:22:06 UTC 2006

Tim Dodge wrote:
> I'm running asterisk and mythbackend on the same machine, and have
> never had a problem. I don't use an FXO card though - I was getting
> all kinds of echo problems - so I bought a Sipura SPA-3000 which works
> flawlessly.

That seems reasonable.  Mythbackend doesn't need X, right?  Hmmm... now
that you mention it, I do have a fair amount of extra capacity on my
asterisk box.  Might be a nice way to set things up.  Especially if/when
I add a second PVR card to my setup.

I've always thought the SPA-3000 seemed like an elegant way to go.  I
bought my x100p when I first started experimenting with Asterisk.  I
really like the "free" (after rebates, from Staples) spa-2000 clones
(they're actually Linksys PAP2s) I'm using for FXS ports.