[mythtv-users] analog video camera and Mythtv?

Roger Hanson roger at rogerhanson.com
Tue Jan 24 11:32:28 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:

>On 18/01/06, Roger Hanson <roger at rogerhanson.com> wrote:
>

>>I have a KnoppMyth box (front and back end) with a PVR-350 card that
>>runs great.
>>
>>I'd like to try connecting my Analog video camera to the PVR-350 card
>>using the S-video port and the line-in port on the PVR-350 card.
>>
>>In mythtv-setup,
>>I've added a video source called camera
>>In the input connections, I chose S-video 0
>>
>>I go back to the frontend watch tv, press the C key on the keyboard and
>>nothing happens.  ( have the video camera turned on and playing a tape)
>>
>>Did I do something wrong?
>>

>Does it return you to the menu, or does it go back to the source that
>was playing?
>
>You will need to create a dummy channel for the S-Video camera source
>(called CAMERA or something) so that LiveTV can switch to it. It's
>likely this is stopping LiveTV from successfully switching to the
>S-Video input.
>
>Nick

I set up a dummy channel, can press the "C" button and it changes to the
S-video port on the PVR-350.  I can see the video playing from my
Camcorder on the TV!  I set it to record (made a 'manual' recording
schedule, and it appeard to be recording, because I went back to the
"watch recordings" part of the GUI and it was red on the top, showing it
was recording).  The trouble is - when it was done, the recorded program
didn't show up in the "recorded programs" part of the GUI.  I can't find
where the file was recorded to - I did a search on the hard drive
(recorded on 1/12/06)
find / | grep *20060112*  and it came up blank.....

Any ideas?