[mythtv-users] Performance from a different perspective

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:51:07 UTC 2006

On 23/01/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> *I can't believe Intel is actually calling them Intel (R) Core (TM) Duo
> processors ( http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/ ).  And,
> why isn't that (TM) after the word Duo?  I'm pretty sure that the word
> Core is *not* owned by Intel.  They can have the phrase "Core Duo"
> (short for "Core Dubious", I think--or, perhaps, "Core Du-over" because
> they need a mulligan after dropping the ball on NetBust), but there's no
> way I'm recognizing any trademark they may claim to have on the word
> Core...

IANATMA but I'm pretty sure the TM is actually for "Intel (R) Core".
They appear to also have TMs for "Intel (R) Core Duo" and "Intel (R)
Core Single" (reference
http://www.intel.com/sites/corporate/tradmarx.htm?iid=CorporateV3+Footer_legal).
Intel is a registered trademark hence the (R) in the "Intel (R) Duo"
trademark.

Nick