[mythtv-users] Problems with video from Haug. pvr-500

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 04:54:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have setup my myth box (an Athlon 1800+, 756Meg Memory, 100G+
Harddrive space, nic, and the afore mentioned pvr-500).  Everything
seems to run, but I only get static on "Tuner 4" and a very poor picture
(if I get one) on "tuner 6".  I have coax and composite cables attached
to the main card, I don't have the daughter card installed.  When I look
at "tuner status" it shows:

tuner 1: not available
tuner 2: not available
tuner 4: not recording
tuner 6: not recording

I followed the instructions off of mythtv.org and placed to tuner
devices:

/dev/video0 & /dev/video1

I also assigned video sources to both tuners (although there wasn't any
named tuner0 or tuner1 -- just 2 lines of tuner) and both composite
lines (both 0 & 1).

What else should I be trying?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nasa