[mythtv-users] How to boost niceness of both front and backends?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 00:22:14 UTC 2006

Responding to my own request. Thank you Thomas for showing me the format to
use to modify the niceness of a daemon. I have gotten things running
smoothly now by niceing various processes and by discovering that for some
reason I set up spamassassin to run direct rather than the spamd/spamc pair.
Fixed that and now even the little jitter that was present in the cnn banner
is gone. Have not had a freeze in 30 minutes and have been getting lots of
mail so it seems to be fixed... Better back things up now :)