[mythtv-users] Can someone please post their mencoder/transcode command-line?

Charles Rose charles at roseware.com
Mon Jan 23 20:44:23 UTC 2006

I'm a relatively new MythTV user, having recently setup the latest
KnoppMyth.  I'm capturing firewire output from a Motorola DCT-6208
with success in both standard and high definition.

However, I would like to have MythTV automatically transcode the .nuv
files to another format (such as DivX/Xvid) so that I can play them
on other computers in a generic player such as Windows Media Player,
(ugh, I know) with appropriate codecs installed.

Does anyone have such a command-line?  I'm a bit concerned about
audio sync drift, which I have experienced in the past and wanted to
start with a command-line that was working for someone.

Thanks in advance!

Charles