[mythtv-users] Cost of MythTV Machines

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 23 20:10:17 UTC 2006

John Biundo wrote:

>Brian Wood wrote:
>

>>With some recent discussion here about CPUs and costs I wonder what
>>the "average" cost of a MythTV machine might be.
>>
>I bet this is the most common question for those considering jumping
>into mythtv.
>I ended up spending around $850 including shipping and tax for all-new
>components.

I spent way more than I expected, but then I had not actually budgeted...
Total cost just under $1500  Canadian, about $1200 US for

Via SP130000 motherboard
512M  Crucial  Ram
Seagate 120G Sata  hard drive
PVR 500 card
pcHD3000 card
Silverstone LC11M case. (The VFD/IR included in the 'M' case was about
$100!)
There was about another $100 for a flexible PCI riser, and Via PCI riser
card, with fast shipping...

FAR too much in shipping and taxes included in there!

Geoff