[mythtv-users] How much storage do you have for MythTV?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Jan 23 19:24:27 UTC 2006

Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> says:
> > I'm already there! That ~$1100 figure I mentioned earlier for my
> > HD-capable MythTV box didn't include the $2100 I paid for an
> > Infrant ReadyNAS 600 with 2TB in RAID 0 that I'm solely dedicating
> > to MythTV.
>
> geeez, $2100 for only 2TB seems rediculous but i guess you get a
> small form factor and lower power consumption out of a NAS (i
> assume).

Precisely. I already had a 2.8TB RAID 5 array in a dual Xeon server,
and frankly neither wanted nor needed more computing capacity (or
accompanying administrative hassle). I also highly value a single
filespace (yes, yes, I know you can do much of the same thing with
multiple mounts in a single directory, but it's just not quite the
same), which I gather isn't so much a concern for you. The 2.0TB comes
from four 500GB drives ($1400), which are pretty pricey on a $/GB
basis right now.