[mythtv-users] whats the best graphics card for HD playback?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Mon Jan 23 17:17:52 UTC 2006

> The truth is graphics drivers aren't there yet, for any card, for the
> kind of tasks we might want to do with mythtv, when it comes to HD.
> Raphael

What tasks might I want to do, besides watch TV, that mythtv, the driver
and card aren't able to handle? Because watching TV is just fine.

I have an ATI 9600, and even with everything you hear about how bad
ATI's card are in Linux, I have a beautiful HD picture with no problems.
I have yet to discover a problem with my card and HD playback.