[mythtv-users] whats the best graphics card for HD playback?

William Lewis minutemaidpark at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:44:34 UTC 2006

>The truth is graphics drivers aren't there yet, for any card, for the
>kind of tasks we might want to do with mythtv, when it comes to HD.
>Raphael

I couldn't disagree with you more.  I paid $60 for an nVidia 6200TC, and it
works like a dream.  I connected DVI -> HDMI, and I can do things better
with it than with the TV's built-in decoder.  I noticed that when I scaled
the image properly, I get more of the picture through my video card than I
do when the TV decodes the stream itself.  And it's all digital until it
gets inside the television.  What more do you want?  It sounds more like
your TV is the problem to me.

Will