[mythtv-users] ProjectGrayhem-wide theme version 1.2

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 01:07:27 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/22/06, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 22/01/06, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Ah, okay.  In the USA we have channel *names* which are that long, but
> > > our channel *call signs* are not.
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > Well in the UK we don't really have 'callsigns', so can we reach a
> > compromise somehow?
> >
> > Could you live with 2 lines of programme description?  with the
> > grabber I use, even 3 lines is nowhere near enough to see the full
> > text, so I figured two would make no difference.
>
> No compromise necessary.  We can leave as you designed it.  I just
> thought it "looked" better  with the Channel/Flags/Date on one line.
>
> John

How is this for a wacky option:

http://snoopy.isa-geek.net:8044/shot15-wacky.jpg

With this arrangement, you can get pretty long descriptions, but still
have over 40 characters for the channel name:

http://snoopy.isa-geek.net:8044/shot16-wacky2.jpg

Personally, I leave "Generate thumbnail preview images of recordings"
turned off.  I don't like waiting the 2 seconds it takes to generate
the thumbnail, and I like the extra room on the screen for the

http://snoopy.isa-geek.net:8044/shot17-wacky3.jpg

What do you think?

John