[mythtv-users] Sync rates for Sharp 32 inch LCD

Todd Vazquez toddvazquez at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 00:33:28 UTC 2006

--- Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:

> I just want this information to be search locatable,
> which it currently is not.
>
> I have a Sharp Aquos LC-32D4U which does NOT have
> DVI in, and therefore Sharp
> gives no frequency info for it, so I looked for the
> info on one of their DVI
> capable models.
>
> Page 56 of
> http://sharpusa.com/files/tel_man_LC26_32GA5U.pdf
> suggests that the
> 1366x768 capable 32" Aquos LCDs can do H rates of
> 31.5-68.7kHz and V rates
> 60-85Hz.  I still haven't found out the dot clock.
>
>  Thank you for your time,
> --==<< R i c h a r d B r o n o s k y >>==--
>
> Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use
> Microsoft internet products.
> Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
> Outlook/Outlook Express.

Don't know what the dot clock is on the LCD, but I'm
using this modeline to get "Dot by Dot" into my Sharp
(through DVI).  If you can decipher the modeline,
maybe you can find the dot clock in it?  I don't know
anything about modelines, only that this one works
great.  The resolution comes out of the video card as
1368x768, but works great with the 1366x768 native res
of the LCD.  The picture is limited only by what the
LCD display can produce.

ModeLine     "1368x768" 85.5 1360 1424 1536 1792 768
771 776 794 -hsync -vsync

To use it, the display input needs to be set to "PC
digital" or something like that.

Hope this helps,
-Todd