[mythtv-users] looking for Craig Eaton

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:49:06 UTC 2006

> The upcoming kernel "merger" of v4l and DVB should take care of this
> problem. At least I hope it does, as we will all deserve *something*
> for the inevitable pain that kernel changes cause.

I'm _really_ looking forward to the upcoming merger of ivtv and the
kernel (DVB is already there). The number of users who have problems
running DVB and ivtv cards in the same box due to conflicting modules
is proof of the problem this poses. Hopefully, once it's there, this
pain will be a thing of the past ...

(Open question to any devs - was it a requirement that the ivtv
modules have identical names to those in the kernel, even though this
seems to have caused all the conflicts and where there was a necesary
separation between the kernel and ivtv modules in order to make things
work?). I guess it's not Linux if there's no pain involved ;-)

Nick