[mythtv-users] XvMC - Nvidia isssues?

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Sun Jan 22 16:06:25 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>Dan Seddon wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>This is my first post to the list after getting my system up and
>>running. I have a Mythtv setup which I'm really pleased with it's 95%
>>perfect! However - that remaining 5% is always worth persuing so... I'm
>>using XvMC which means my Athlon XP 1600 trundles away at 15% usage
>>whilst playing DVB-T (standard definition PAL) video. This has 3 issues
>>which reading through the list have been mentioned on and off - but I
>>haven't found all the answers.
>>
>>First off - the menus become monochrome, which isn't a biggy and worth
>>putting up with for the performance gain (but it would be nice to know
>>if this is preventable).
>>

>Search the archives or http://svn.mythtv.org for ChromaKey OSD.  I'm not
>sure if this was put in before 0.18 or not, but in SVN you can enable a
>setting in the database to use a 16 color OSD for XvMC use and on mine
>it works great.
>

>Are you using OpenGL Vsync?  Seems any Nvidia driver above 7676 (which
>I'm use with great success) has problems with OpenGL Vsync enabled.

Yes - doing a search after Mike's mail came up with that, I'm going to
roll back when I get home. I had tried OpenGL Vsync - but I'm definietly
using a newer driver than 7676, so that sounds like good advice. I now
know what I should be looking for in the logs from an earlier mail too,
so I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about sorting this out! The
ChromaKey stuff sounds like the way to go as I was just reading
something about that in Nvidia help! Maybe I'll have XvMC going without
any downsides : ) I have 0.18 from ATrpms - but I'll do a search on
ChromaKey OSD.

Thanks for the help!

Dan