[mythtv-users] lm_sensors and MythTV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 22 03:03:08 UTC 2006

On Jan 21, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Robert Tsai wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 05:44:40PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>>>
>>> I ran into this a while back and IIRC I read somewhere at the time
>>> that using lmsensors with ivtv causes conflicts.  Removing
>>> lmsensors fixed the problem.  No idea if that will change at any
>>> point in the future.
>>
>> That's about what I had decided, but I've run into posts from folks
>> running lm_sensors with MythTV. I think that would have worked if
>> they had a mobo that used ISA access type sensors, but I'm  not
>> ready  to replace the motherboard just to measure temps.
>>
>> Guess I'll just continue putting my hand by the exhaust fan and
>> seeing how warm it feels :-)
>
> I'm not sure how applicable this is, but I'm running lm-sensors just
> fine on my HD-3000 system. What if you compile all the sensor-related
> stuff as a loadable module, and then only load the modules you want,
> and don't load the sensor-related module for your PVR card?

Yeah, the HD-3000 doesn't use ivtv or i2c, so it makes sense that
you're working OK. What you suggest could probably be made to work,
although there might still be problems on the i2C bus. I guess if I
get a lot of free time I might play with it some more.

Thanks for the suggestion, and the confirmation that it seems to be
only the i2c stuff that is causing problems.