[mythtv-users] 2.6.15 and nvidia cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 22 00:38:54 UTC 2006

On Jan 21, 2006, at 5:28 PM, Michael Haan wrote:

> Right, but I went to get them and they aren't there.  The nvidia
> site only has amd64, which is what I have, but I'm running in 32
> bit mode.  I got my original set from atrpms, but none are yet
> available there for my setup.

You should be able to just re-compile the nVidia sources that you
already have. Normally just re-running the shell script that nVidia
supplies solves the problems. It should build against your installed
kernel sources, as long as they match your actual running kernel you
should be OK.

Or have the kernel developers been making things "smoother" again?

If you installed the new kernel in some "binary" way you may have a
problem, make sure you have the matching kernel sources linked to /
usr/src/linux.