[mythtv-users] How To Export HD Content Captured With HD-3000

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Jan 21 15:42:51 UTC 2006

I've been searching Google and haven't had much success.  I'm trying to
view content that was captured with an HD-3000 card.  It is OTA network
content.  Googling suggests that the *.nuv file is a MPEG2 file.  OK, I
copied the content over to my Windows XP box and gave it a *.mpg
extension.  My Windows box is an AMD Athlon X2 3800+ with 2 GB of RAM so
horsepower should not be an issue.

Googling also suggests that Windows Media Player (WMP) may have a
problem opening these files but they should play fine with a DVD player
such as PowerDVD.  WMP can not open the file.  PowerDVD opens the file,
displays a mostly green screen with a few moving pixels in the top left
portion of the screen, and then blanks out to all black.  No sound is
played and PowerDVD can't be closed without using the "End Task"
function in Windows Task Manager.  I also tried the Windows version of
mplayer.  mplayer does play the file audio OK but seems to only be able
to display about one or two frames per second.

This same file plays without error within MythTV, running on an AMD
Athlon 2800+ with 512 MB of RAM.  Any ideas?  I'm using Myth 0.18.2 on
Gentoo with kernel 2.6.13-r5.

Thanks,

Drew