[mythtv-users] New Install - Hang on entering live tv

Bob mythtv at junga.com
Sat Jan 21 05:14:32 UTC 2006

Thanks to everyone who replied. I thought I would post an update even though
I am dead in the water due to the hard drive crashing.

1) I recorded a show. The file was created, but trying to watch the show
resulted in the same blank screen crash that I have gotten originally
entering LiveTV. I think this points to an nvidia driver issue particular to
the myth internal player. (mplayer works fine).

2) I was very optimistic about Brian's suggestion of removing the "load glx"
from the xorg.conf. I commented it out, and even restarted the machine (not
just X) but the problem persisted.

3) I am running 64 bit Fedora Core 4

The last time I tested, after the crash, I did not restart it right away.
When I came back, I had to power cycle the box. It now only boots into grub.
Even running the FC4 install again stops with a disk error! Is it a
coincidence that the hard drive went bad then? Can a software crash leave a
hard drive in a state that it can not be re-partitioned and re-formatted?

--BobG