[mythtv-users] TV sched is wrong; how to fix it?

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.2y.net
Fri Jan 20 23:39:18 UTC 2006

Somehow, my TV schedule database got some wrong info.  Possibly it
happened as a consequence of a recent power failure; I don't know.
The result is that the channels listed are off by one.  That is,
the programs for channel 9 are listed as showing on channel 10, etc.
Thus, it is impossible to record the correct program.
This bad data extends only through Sat. 1/21, so all I have to do is
wait out the problem.

Nonetheless, there are some programs on Sat night that I'd really like
to record, which are not broadcast later.  And I'd like to know how
such a problem can be dealt with in the future.

I'd like to delete just the schedule data and rerun mythfilldatatbase,
but I don't see how to do this selective deletion.
How do I delete and renew the schedule data from the mysql database?
Any advice is welcome.

If it matters, I am running mythtv svn from 0107, with a pcHDTV HD-3000
card on Fedora Core 4, x86_64.  TV signals are from a Mediacom cable,
using plain old analog NTSC modulation.  The TV schedules are downloaded
from DataDirect for Mediacom cable for our zipcode of 28739.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad at datix.2y.net     www.datix.us