[mythtv-users] Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels?

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 20 21:30:03 UTC 2006

>Let me know how this goes with the Dvico Fusion5HDTV
>Lite card. I was thinking of getting one of these to
>replace one of my SD PVR cards.

I'm hitting a wall right now. Was really wondering why I wasn't able to make
it work. I got the channels.conf, 114 services found as of last night by
atscscan. Then I went to zap2it and only selected the channel that was found
by atscscan. I ran mythfilldatabase to grab the channel lineup. For my test,
I only picked one channel. IIRC, atscscan called the channel as FOX-HD.
However, in zap2it, I guess FOX-HD is written as WFLD. I pulled those
mplexid, frequency, etc and then updated the channels table.

Did I miss anything?

Anyways, this morning, I upgraded to pre .19 mythtv. I restored my old
backup as of 2 days ago, ran mythtv-setup and added the zap2it lineup. I did
a cable QAM-256 scan and it found about 20+ channels. Channels were like
C107#1, C107#2, C107#3 and so on. I closed setup ran mythfrontend. I am able
to see now the Comcast channels in Watch TV, however, I don't have any
program guide for those comcast channels. It is showing "No data".

And another issue I'm seeing is, I always watch HGTV, Spike, A&E and my
kids, cartoon network in our regular television. It's just a straight
coaxial connection from outside house to our television. However, in my
other setup which is the Fusioncard on Mythtv, I scrolled through every
channel that myth found but most of them were advertisements, weather
channel and news. I didn't see the channels I really like to watch. ANy
ideas? I do see some HD though like WTTW-11 even if I only have analog
subscription.

What about QAM-64, QAM-128, what are these? Will I find channels if I select
this?

Thanks!