[mythtv-users] AC3 and/or S/PDIF (again)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jan 20 20:46:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 01:21:07PM -0600, William Lewis wrote:
> >>How 'bout simply disabling 'use video as timebase' at run-time when
> >passing
> >>raw AC3, regardless of what 'use video as timebase' is set to.
> >>

> >Yeah.  That's what I was trying to say (that's why I compared it to the
> >runtime disabling of AC-3 passthrough with timestretch and why I said,
> >"[if] there's an AC-3 stream").  Guess I should have used that
> >all-important word, "runtime," though.
> >
> >Mike
>
> I've never posted a patch to this list before, but how does this look, and,
> if the answer is "Good", then what do I do with it?

The preferred patch format is to patch against a fully updated svn checkout of the trunk, then run 'svn diff', if I'm thinking clearly. However, I think this patch is not complete. You can't check only to see if AC3 passthru is enabled, because even with that enabled, people play back non-AC3 audio streams, and might want 'use video as timebase' for those, so you also need to look at the stream type to see if it contains AC3 audio before you kill off 'use video as timebase'.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com