[mythtv-users] Changing channels on DCT2000 series/audio questions

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Jan 20 20:38:41 UTC 2006

On January 20, 2006 04:23 pm, John Brooks wrote:
> > Have you tried using the change channel script directly.  As in
> >
> > /usr/bin/channel 24
>
> Well, so far all I've done is  done
>
> /usr/bin/channel 5
>
> from the shell while MythTV was not running. When I ran mythfrontend and
> watched LIVE tv, I didn't see any difference. Do you mean I should run
> MythTV, then try running the command from a shell outside? Sorry if I'm
> being thick about this. And thanks for the suggestion!

Actually I meant to look at the LED display on the DCT2000 and see what
happens.

However, you could definitely try running the channel script while watching
livetv from within mythtv.

If neither of those show a change, then it is possible that the serial port on
the DCT2000 is disabled.  You can try asking your cable company to enable it,
but they might say no.  Mine did, so I'm stuck with IR blasters.

Mark