[mythtv-users] SVN 8625 Firewire capture glitching while test-mpeg2 doesn't

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:34:52 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 13:14, Brian Fischer wrote:
> > As an experiement, I ran a test-mpeg2 capture on the same channel (though
the channel doesn't matter), grabbed 1.8GB and played through the internal
player using MythVideo. This method results in a glitch free capture for the
17mins of video.

> I am not sure that this may be due to MythTV.  Do you have 100% success on
> Captureing with test-mpeg2?

so far yes, 100% in getting a stream and 100% in the stream having no issues
as played back from the internal player. Capturing in MythTV is 100% in
gettin a stream as well, its just every so often the datastream glitches.

> I seem to be able to capture video using the test-mpeg2 capture
> inconsistently.
> I use the following commands and only get capture about 1/10 times, but
> always
> The first time after a reboot:

try setting p2p=1 instead of broadcast when using test-mpeg2, this fixed it
for me.

--
Steve