[mythtv-users] SVN 8625 Firewire capture glitching while test-mpeg2 doesn't

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:14:58 UTC 2006

> As an experiement, I ran a test-mpeg2 capture on the same channel (though
the
> channel doesn't matter), grabbed 1.8GB and played through the internal
player
> using MythVideo. This method results in a glitch free capture for the
17mins
> of video.

I am not sure that this may be due to MythTV.  Do you have 100% success on
Captureing with test-mpeg2?

I seem to be able to capture video using the test-mpeg2 capture
inconsistently.
I use the following commands and only get capture about 1/10 times, but
always
The first time after a reboot:

plugctl -n 1 opcr[0].channel=63
plugctl -n 1 opcr[0].bcast_connection=1
test-mpeg2 -r 1 > testcap.ts
mplayer -vo xv testcap.ts

$ plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x0000d100802f14ca
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 1 GUID 0x0014e8fffe110b68
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=63, data_rate=0, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

$ rpm -qa libraw* libiec* librom*
libiec61883_0-1.0.0-7.rhfc4.at
libraw1394-1.2.0-1_6.rhfc4.at