[mythtv-users] HD3000 DVB Recordings - Freezes on Playback

Neil Spring nspring at cs.umd.edu
Fri Jan 20 17:59:14 UTC 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Steve Adeff wrote:
>>> - a particular recording will always freeze at the
>>> same point on multiple playback attempts
>>> - skipping past the freeze point does not cause a
>>> freeze, but audio is lost even though the video is
>>> good

> You guys should seriously consider upgrading to SVN, Lots of fixes
> for HD,
> I've had my HD3000, and DCT6200 and a PVR150 all connected and
> running fine,
> HD works great, etc.

I upgraded my frontend and library to SVN (8655 or 0.19.20060115-1);
playing back a faulty recorded file still dies in the same way.
(this time, at the end of a commercial break half-way through conan.)

I haven't had immediate success getting mythtv-setup from svn to
recognize my hd3000, so the backend is a bit unhappy.  Until I get
that kicked I won't be able to test if mythtv no longer records
corrupt files... I'm not optimistic since I don't think there's a lot
of logic in between the antenna and the disk.

svn does change the error messages to "NVP: prebuffering pause" ...
"NVP: Prebuffer wait timed out 10 times".

thanks,
-neil