[mythtv-users] Missing .nuv files?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Jan 20 15:07:31 UTC 2006

Michael Still wrote:

>> So, I have a couple of questions about this:
>>
>>   - why did it happen?
>>   - I can't delete the recordings from the UI now because of an error
>> message. How do I rerecord these episodes?
>>
>> I'm running a SVN snapshot from Christmas day last year if that matters.
>>

> Oh, but I just noticed that there is a .mpg.tmp file for each missing
> .nuv file... This matches what my wife said about the videos working
> last night, but not now. Is it possible that the transcoder is eating
> data? How would I go about debugging this?

Not sure, but you can try renaming it without the .tmp extension and see
if that fixes the problem. It sounds as thought the transcoder is not
finishing the job. I know there was some activity in SVN about the job
queue, and things staying at 99%, which I believe has been fixed. Check
the commit logs, and maybe try current SVN and see if that helps.

Tom