[mythtv-users] How to boost niceness of both front and backends?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 20 12:28:09 UTC 2006

Do you know if it is the recording or the playing that pauses ? You might
try doing it on a recording instead of livetv...
Which kind of tuner do you have ? Does it have onboard encoding ? If not,
you might try with onboard encoding instead.

Niels Dybdahl

The cards are pvr-250's and I am running a nvidia video card with hardware
decoding. CPU is on about 15% for recordings and about 30% on playback with
deinterlace. I am pretty sure that I am having I/O issues due to other
processes hogging the drive. I want to make both the frontend and backend
run under "nice -n -10" or some equiv means to make its needs a priority
over mail processing. I really dont want to set up another box just to
handle mail.