[mythtv-users] Simple kernel upgrade question

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 01:30:15 UTC 2006

> Ok, that sounds good.  Which directory does this assume I begin in?

You can double check in the linuxtv.org v4l wiki linked above to see if it
matters, but it shouldn't.  I have directories where I keep drivers for
install.  I think in my home directory I did:

mkdir v4l_dvb
cd v4l_dvb

and off you go... I remember it being pretty straightforward.  I had some
issues getting the device permissions to set and stay set properly after a
reboot and would get permission errors for setting up the card in
mythtv-setup when running as mythtv vs root.  If you stumble there, get back
to me and I'll try to figure out what I did.  I remember it being not so
elegant, but it worked.  good luck,

Mike