[mythtv-users] Using DVD VIDEO_TS directories on disk with MythTV?

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 01:22:21 UTC 2006

I have several DVDs saved on my file server as VIDEO_TS directories with
their associated IFO and VOB files saved in there.  I am currently using my
Mac Mini to play them with the Apple DVD player & Matinee as a launcher.

I have begun looking into MythTV options for handling this data,  but as far
as I can tell it doesn't integrate into MythTV very well.

The file layout is something like:

     /XMas_2002/VIDEO_TS/{*.IFO, *.VOB}
     /Wedding/VIDEO_TS/{*.IFO, *.VOB}

Where the top directory is the name of the DVD, the second is always
VIDEO_TS, and the DVD data files are below that.  Ideally, I would like to
treat the top dir as the title, and associate a JPEG image with that, and
have a view launched that treats VIDEO_TS as a DVD.

Has anyone already come up with a solution for this within MythTV?   If not,
any pointers towards other good Linux solutions?