[mythtv-users] Simple kernel upgrade question

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jan 20 01:08:48 UTC 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 16:52, Michael Haan wrote:
> > Note that Axel isn't packaging up kernel modules for every single
> > development
> > kernel though, since there's typically at least one new kernel per day,
> > but
> > he is starting to roll packages for what will be FC5.
>
> Yeah, I keep checking daily to see if he's got a 2.6.15 packaged for FC4,
> but not yet.  I'll give it a day or so abd then try your route.  Thanks for
> all the info.

Axel won't package any 2.6.15 bits for FC4 unless Red Hat releases a 2.6.15
kernel for FC4, which is very much NOT a priority at Red Hat right now
(they're very busy w/work on FC5). Sounds like following Michael Krufky's
instructions provided by mrwester might be your best route at the moment (or
at least, the shortest path to enlightenment :).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com