[mythtv-users] install ivtv-0.5.1 fails with ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog (make distclean doesn't help)

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 01:01:59 UTC 2006

> At least with the .4.1 driver, I (and others reporting here) have only
> been able to get a PVR and a DVb card to work together by making the PVR
> cards use the *kernel* module tveeprom.
> If you moved/rename kernel modules, try changing them back and comment
> out the line in your modprobe.conf which has 'alias tveeprom
> tveeprom-ivtv' (Leave the rest of the alias' lines alone.
>
> This change makes sense: the kernel module is there specifically for dvb
> cards like yours... No wonder you have a problem!
>
> As a follow up, and in an effort to make the archives usefull for those
who go down this path in the future...  This was the only solution that
worked for me.  I could not get 0.5.0 or 0.5.1 to install.  I ended up just
installing 0.4.1 from RPM and commenting the alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
line as suggested and all was well.  I'm sure I could have achieved the same
thing by leaving only the kernel tveeprom module after a normal make/make
install, but it's working now and  I'd rather not mess with it...