[mythtv-users] widescreen from pvr-350

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:08:55 UTC 2006

Thanks for all these suggestions, and it confirms what I was thinking:
widescreen will require new hardware.

Currently, I only use my myth for dvr functionality.  I have a dvd
player, so I play dvds through that, I am not a big fan of mythmusic
and use my windows computer to play music, and other functions are
handled elsewhere.  My setup is an old VIA cpu at 800 mhz.  I dont
really want to fuss with HD as I dont really watch much OTA
programming, and really would only like it for ESPN and HBO which
seems to be impossible now (or at least can be accomplished for the
time being with firewire, but that may be downgraded by the cable
companies).  So it seems a little pointless to spend a coupld hundred
to upgrade my whole system.

Can I do widescreen, just for the themes, via s-video?  If so, I can
play around with that, but otherwise, I can be satisfied with
"antiquated" technology.